10 Reasons Why Your Guild Should Go EPP
Are you ready for your next group quilt? Perhaps a charity quilt or fundraiser project? Here are 10 reasons why you should choose EPP as your method for your next group quilt.
- Precision: The precision of papers means there’s no discrepancy between anyone’s seam allowance. Simply hand out papers to your quilters and they will return with perfectly pieced blocks
- Portability: We all have busy lives, whether we are running to the school pick up line or waiting at the doctor’s office, again, you can take your EPP with you and are not beholden to time at your machine. While EPP may be a slower process than machine piecing, those maximized minutes in the hustle and bustle of everyday life add up!
- Technique Building: Some of your guild members may have never attempted EPP before; introduce a new skill in their repertoire.
- Scrap Busting: Itty bitty scraps are transformed with EPP, this method is perfect for using up your scraps. Ask your members to bring in some scraps and you’ll marvel at how “trash” becomes treasure.
- Relaxation: Wind down with a little Netflix and hand sewing. Your members will fall in love with the meditative nature of English Paper Piecing. The soothing repetition of stitching by hand will clear your head and help you relax after a long day.
- Tradition: One of the oldest forms of quilt making, English Paper Piecing is having a moment in modern quilt making. Be a part of this tradition and take your hand in creating a new masterpiece for today.
- Quality Time: Does your family knock on your sewing room door looking for you after a while? We’ve been there! Now you can gather with them during their activities and also get some stitching in! Be present and enjoy your sewing too. It’s a win-win!
- Impact: Every quilter loves the moment when a non-quilter’s jaw drops and they say, “You made that!” It’s such fun to see the impactful look of an EPP quilt. Many hands will make light work of a hand-pieced beauty.
- Tula Pink does it!: Did you know that Tula Pink has a whole room in her house dedicated to English Paper Piecing? It’s true! A true trendsetter in quilting, take up a needle and thread just like the living legend herself. See her projects here!
- Community: Gather around, pick a pattern and get stitching! Revitalize the sewing bees of days gone by and reconnect with your guild in a new and fun way. Sit next to someone new and bring people together with English Paper Piecing.
We can't wait to see what you and your group create! Send us pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on social media!